Wednesday, June 26, 2013

NEW FEATURE ON THE BOOK SAGE!

I know that this news must have you all quivering with excitement.  And for good reason!  Appearing every Monday, starting with this coming Monday, July 1, I will be posting recommendations from readers, authors, and other bloggers.  I will only list those that come highly recommended and will post, at least, the genre for each book.  Why am I doing this, you (probably don't) ask?

I simply can't keep up with all of the recommendations (and ARC's - Advanced Reading Copies) I receive.  Even reading 65-70 books each year, I have about 30 books sitting in my TBR (To Be Read) pile at home.  On top of that, I've got another 30-40 listed on a piece of paper (yes, I still use paper and ink) that I want to buy - so that they can also sit in my TBR pile.  It's insane.  Just reading the authors that I always read (like Baldacci, Silva, Hoag, Rosenfelt, Rosenberg, Coben, Iles, ad nauseum) plus the local authors that I want to support (and, usually, enjoy), takes up most of my 65-70 books.  Add in those recommendations from readers, authors, and other bloggers, and it's an impossible task.

There you have it.  I hope you take advantage of what other people have to say.  And I hope that you will post reviews (even 1-liners would be helpful).  In fact, if you email me at lloydrrussell@gmail.com, I will post your review on this blog.  Have at it!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I think it's a great way to keep the range of books wide, so even if I don't love all your "regular" authors, I still have access to a fun mix of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The longer you blog, the more ridiculous your Mt. TBR will become :)

    ReplyDelete