Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekly Recommendation List-Not By Book Sage (WRL-NBBS)

Other than the awkward title, I hope that this weekly list of recommendations will be helpful.  Every book on the list has come highly recommended.  My sources are - bloggers, authors, readers, publicists, and publishers.  I will list the source for each one.  And if I don't specify a genre, then consider it the catchall category of contemporary fiction.  There is no significant order to this list.  They're just listed as I wrote them down.  I will be interested in your comments, especially after you have tried a book or two.  And keep in mind that I have not read any of these books.

Each book is listed by author, title, genre (other than contemporary fiction), and recommender.

John Boyne, The Absolutist - Jasmine Haynes (author)
Justin Cronin, The Passage (book #1) - Jasmine Haynes (author)
Justin Cronin, The Twelve (book #2) - Jasmine Haynes (author)
Janet Evanovich, One for the Money - Ronda (reader)
Margaret George, The Memoirs of Cleopatra - Ronda (reader)
Nicci French, Waiting for Wednesday, psychological thriller (book #3 in series) - book'd out (blogger)
Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane - Estella's Revenge (blogger)
Daniel James Brown, The Boys in the Boat:  Nine Americans and their Epic Quest for Gold at the
   1936 Berlin Olympics, non-fiction - Booking Mama (blogger)
Kirsten Knaute, just_a_girl, YA - book'd out (blogger)
Diane M. Haynes, Rift Healer, YA - Feed Your Fiction Addiction (blogger)
Bella Andre, The Look of Love, romance (book #1, #2-#4 also available) - BookHounds (blogger)
Amy Brile, The Movement of Stars, historical fiction - Booking Mama (blogger)
Robert Penn Warren, All the King's Men, classic (1946) - Lauren (reader AND MY DAUGHTER)
Alex Hammond, Blood Witness, crime fiction (book #1)(Australian) - book'd out (blogger)
Jenn Bennett, Binding the Shadows, urban fantasy (book #3 in series) - Tangled in Pages (blogger)
Kimberly McCreight, Reconstructing Amelia - bermudaonion (blogger)
Jim Bailey, The Yankee Chef:  Feel Good for Every Kitchen, cookbook - Bibliophile by the Sea
   (blogger)
Sally Vickers, The Cleaner of Chartre, mystery - Silver's Reviews (blogger)
Suzanne Rindell, The Other Typist, historical fiction/psychological suspense - Under My Apple Tree
   (blogger)
Jenni Fagan, The Panopticon - Gillian Flynn (author), Vanessa Diffenbaugh (author)
Sara Pennypacker, Clementine, children's (6 books), (3rd & 4th grade) - Booking Mama
Jennifer Smith, This Is What Happy Looks Like, YA - bermudaonion (blogger)
Richard Michelin, Twice As Good, non-fiction (golf) - Rhapsody in Books (blogger)
Kate Kerrigan, City of Hope (book #2, Ellis Island-book #1) - Diary of an Eccentric (blogger)
Lucinda Riley, The Lavender Garden - Silver's Reviews

I think 25 recommendations is enough for one week.  

6 comments:

  1. I have several of these titles on my TO BUY list, but many are new to me. Thanks, Lloyd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly amazed at how many good books there are. Being immersed in book world, I thought I was aware of much of it. But I haven't even scratched the surface. Thank goodness, especially, for all of these other bloggers. Without them, I think I would still be reading just the most popular authors. And, without them, I don't know if I would have come across you and your books. There's just a bunch of great stuff out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you "found" some good books on my site! There are just so many good books out there and so little time to read all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I haven't been a member of your blog for very long, but you did score 3 out of 25. That's impressive.

      Delete
  4. That's a great list of books and I'm flattered that you got a couple recommendations from me. I'm listening to The Boys in the Boat right now and it is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I have been a member of your blog longer than anybody else besides Stacy. You have more than earned my trust for your recommendations.

      Delete