Tuesday, October 1, 2013

3.5's, 4.0's, 4.5's through 3/4 of 2013

I've gotten through 9 months of the year.  And I've already got 15 books (out of 63) that are 3.5 or higher.  That blows the other 2 years way out of the water.  Have I gotten easier in my ratings?  Or are there just more better (1 of my kids used to say that) books out there?  And do I just happen to be finding them (4 of them are local authors - very satisfying)?  Without further palaver, here they are, in chronological order of reading for each rating:

4.5-
The Language of Flowers, Vanessa Diffenbaugh

4.0-
Minefields of the Heart, Sue Diaz (non-fiction)
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, Beth Hoffman
The Storyteller, Jodi Picoult
Looking for Me, Beth Hoffman
The Lost Saints of Tennessee, Amy Franklin-Willis (local)

3.5-
The Last Man, Vince Flynn
Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, Jamie Ford
Empire & Honor, W.E.B. Griffin
The Sisterhood, Helen Bryan
Shades of Passion, Virna DePaul (local)
From Sleepy Lagoon to the Corner of the Cats, Steve Sporleder (local)
Daniel Silva, The English Girl
Tracy Guzeman, The Gravity of Birds (local)
Mitch Albom, The First Phone Call from Heaven

There have been an additional 19 3.0's.  That means that over half the books I've read this year (54%) are 3.0 or higher.  That's crazy good.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks a million, Lloyd! I'm incredibly proud to have both my novels on your list! Oletta and CeeCee are whooping it up in the kitchen, and Teddi and Albert just gave each other a high-five. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to getting your 3rd book on the list. Don't wait too long, okay?

    ReplyDelete