Sunday, May 4, 2014

California Bookstore Day Was GREAT!!

What a great day yesterday.  15 authors (plus Molly, the book cover illustrator for Alina's book) came to Village House of Books sometime between the hours of 10 and 6.  Some were only able to stay an hour or two, and many stayed longer.  Here are a few pictures from the event (my apologies to Dr. Russell Andrews and Shelley Bates for missing both of you with the picture-taking).

Rayme Waters (far right) with Jenn Castro (seated)

Peter Adler (A.R. Silverberry), Jenn Castro, Kim Yen Nguyen

Steve Sporleder

Hannah Jayne, Jasmine Haynes

Rayme Waters (seated), Jenn Castro (to Rayme's immediate left)

Jana McBurney-Lin, Erica Goss

Victoria Johnson

Mike Degregorio, Mary Ann Quinn on the patio

Mike Degregorio, Steve Sporleder, Erica Goss on the patio

Erica Goss, Steve Sporleder, Mike Degregorio on the patio

Alina Sayre, Amalia Hillmann (illustrator)

Alina Sayre




5 comments:

  1. The event looks like it was a huge success. I was there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great event, Lloyd. I had tons of fun and recommended lots of books (not just my own!) to readers as they came through. And funnily enough, looking at the pictures, I discovered Mike Degregorio is my neighbor! He lives just around the corner from me and I see him often to wave at when I walk! Now I'll have to introduce myself the next time I see him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very cool. Something similar recently happened to us, too. Jack and Pam, friends of ours, are neighbors with Lauri Pastroni, of Share cookbook fame, and her husband Paul. We ended up, the 6 of us, having dinner together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun event! And the store and patio looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the authors got the most out of it. They spent most of their time talking to each other and buying each other's books.

    ReplyDelete