Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Stuff

VHOB had a visiting author today signing her debut novel, The Moment Before.  Suzy Vitello, who lives in Portland, OR, was visiting a Los Gatos friend who made arrangements with Cheryl and Steve for Suzy to grace the store for a couple of hours.  I think it's worth quoting NYT best-selling thriller author Chelsea Cain:

“Suzy Vitello is one of the smartest writers I know. She's taught me probably 40 percent of everything I know about writing fiction. I still write mainly to please her."  

Pretty impressive, no?




BOOK LAUNCHES:

Thursday, July 10 - 6-8 - Alina Sayre/Amalia Hillmann - The Illuminator's Gift - lots of kids' activities, including face painting.

Friday, July 11 - 6:30-8 - Linda Gunther - Endangered Witness - her 1st novel, Ten Steps from the Hotel Inglaterra, will also be available for buying/signing.

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS:

Simon & Schuster has come out with a bunch of book recommendations in various categories.  Take a look, if you're interested.

The Funniest Books By Women In Comedy

Our Favorite 2014 Summer Reads

Book Characters That Benedict Cumberbatch 
Made Better

The Top 7 Grilling Cookbooks

5 Likable Books with Unlikable Protagonists

10 Brilliant Business Books You Can Download For Free

4 comments:

  1. I had so much fun yesterday! What a lovely bookstore, and such great customers. Lisa (first person who bought my book as well as three other books), I was so Verklempt I forgot to sign your copy! Sorry!

    I hope to come back and visit in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive words from Chelsea Cain. She's new to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read her. And don't know if I will.

    ReplyDelete