Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Recommendations for 2008

Don't worry.  There are only 2 more years after this one!  But I do have a small amount of good news.  I've got some different authors for 2008.  So, there's Douglas Preston, Sheldon Siegel, Lee Child, Jeffrey Archer, and Billie Letts.  And I'm listing 24 out of 73, just under a 1/3 (I got through Algebra 2 in high school!).

W.E.B. Griffin - The Shooters - Presidential Agent #4
Khaled Hosseini - A Thousand Splendid Suns - his 1st book since The Kite
     Runner - and almost as good as the 1st (haven't read the 3rd yet)
Deborah Wolf - When I'm Not Myself - her 2nd, and last (rats!)
Alex Berenson - The Ghost War - John Wells #2
Jodi Picoult - Change of Heart
Douglas Preston - Blasphemy - he has written at least 12 books by himself
     and about 20 books with Lincoln Child - Blasphemy is the only one I
     have read - don't know why
Joel Rosenberg - Dead Heat - The Last Jihad #5
Sheldon Siegel - Special Circumstances - #1 in the Mike Daley/Rosie
     Fernandez Series - 7 books in series (so far) - I read 6 this year alone -
     very entertaining and one of my favorite local authors - good guy
Lee Child - Killing Floor - #1 in the Jack Reacher series - I read 3 or 4
     and then stopped - don't know why redux
Harlan Coben - Hold Tight
Jeffrey Archer - Prisoner of Birth - another very good book, as usual -
     currently reading a great series (have read 1-3, not #4 yet)
Sheldon Siegel - Incriminating Evidence - #2
Billie Letts - Made in the USA - unfortunately, Billie passed away just
     a month ago - a major literary loss - this book is her #4 - absolutely
     loved Opening Soon, The Honk and Holler - favorite book of year
     10 or 11 years ago
Sheldon Siegel - Criminal Intent - #3
W.E.B. Griffin - Death and Honor - #4 in the Honor Bound series
Daniel Silva - Moscow Rules - Gabriel Allon #8
Sheldon Siegel - #4
Jodi Picoult - Salem Falls
Sheldon Siegel - The Confession - #5
Nicholas Sparks - The Lucky One - everybody needs a tearjerker on
     occasion
Vince Flynn - Extreme Measures - Mitch Rapp #11
David Baldacci - Divine Justice - The Camel Club #4
Sheldon Siegel - Judgment Day - #6
Steve Berry - The Charlemagne Pursuit - Cotton Malone #4
Jodi Picoult - Perfect Match

I have no doubt that 2009 and 2010 will be way different than 2006-08 (actually, I have no idea if that's true or not).  The important thing is that I've read a ton of books that I have enjoyed and want to  recommend.  That's worth something...isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I liked Change of Heart too but wasn't crazy about the ending.

    ReplyDelete