Monday, October 20, 2014

2010 - The Last Year for Non-Blog Recommendations

Okay, sports fans, this is it.  The demand for this final year of recs has been overwhelming!...okay, nobody really seems to care.  But, despite that, I'm still giving you the books that I recommend from the 66 I read in 2010.  And there are 24 of them, with a bunch being new authors/choices.  Here we (i.e. I) go:

W.E.B. Griffin - The Honor of Spies - #5 in the Honor Bound series - not my
     favorite series of his, but I still recommend it
Lee Child - Running Blind - #4 Jack Reacher
Alex Berenson - The Midnight House - #4 John Wells
Jodi Picoult - House Rules - 1st of 4 Picoult's for this year
Kathryn Stockett - The Help - excellent book
Harlan Coben - Caught - a re-issue of one of his early books - still darn good
Keith Thomson - Once a Spy - a real surprise for me - very cool premise
David Benioff - City of Thieves - loved this book - it's on my table at Recycle
     every Sunday - strong recommendation
Stieg Larsson - The Girl Who Played with Fire - #2 of the trilogy - as good as #1
Nelson DeMille - The Lion - #5 in the John Corey series
Sam Eastland - The Eye of the Red Tsar - #1 in the Inspector Pekkala series -
     another surprise hit for me - I've read 3 of the 5
Daniel Silva - The Rembrandt Affair - #10 Gabriel Allon - love this series
Jodi Picoult - Keeping Faith
David Rosenfelt - Dog Tags - Andy Carpenter #8
Stieg Larsson - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - #3, and last - people
     said it wasn't as good as #1 and #2 - I don't agree
Nicholas Sparks - Safe Haven - did you think I wasn't going to have one of
     his on my list? - too bad for you Hard-Hearted Hannah's
Sheldon Siegel - Perfect Alibi - #7 in the Mike and Rosie series
Ken Follett - Fall of Giants - #1 in the Century Trilogy - truly outstanding
     (#2, Winter of the World, is in my top 12 all-time - #3 is out now -
     haven't read it yet)
Jodi Picoult - Songs of the Humpback Whale - yep, even this one makes the
     list
Joel Rosenberg - The Twelfth Iman - #1 in The Twelfth Iman series - loved
     his 1st series too - The Last Jihad
Harlan Coben - Play Dead
Steve Berry - The Emperor's Tomb - #6 in Cotton Malone series
Jodi Picoult - Mercy
Ann Patchett - Run - everybody knows Bel Canto, but this is one of my
     favorites from Patchett

That's it, people.  All done.  Never again.  No more recommendations.  Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment