Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Now THAT Was an Author Event!

On Sunday, Julie Dart, author of Ellie Stands up to the Bully and The Night the Moon Was Hiding, camped out in front of Recycle Books from 9:30-12:30.  And let me tell you, ladies and gentleman, she is a superstar!  She sold 50 books!  Yep, you're reading that right.  I oversaw dozens of author events when I worked at Village House of Books and a few, so far, at Recycle.  We never had close to that kind of number.  How extremely cool is all of that?  And here's the very best part of the day - Julie pledged one book to Campbell Union School District for every book that she sold.  That means the school district just picked up 50 books!  Are you kidding me?  That's why I'm not exaggerating to say that Julie Dart is a superstar.

Here are a few pictures from the event.













No comments:

Post a Comment