Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ann Packer's Launch Party at Kepler's (I know - a boring title)

Last night, Joni and I went to Ann Packer's launch party at Kepler's (hence the title of the blog!).  Ann was previously the author of 2 books of shorts stories and 2 novels - The Dive from Clausen's Pier and Songs without Words.  If you remember, I met Ann at Books, Inc. in Palo Alto on Small Business Day late last year.  After talking to her for a while, I decided to buy (and get signed) and read Songs without Words.  I blogged about it this past December 28.

So, last night, Ann's launch was for her 3rd novel, The Children's Crusade.  The format was a conversation between Ann and Anthony Marra, another local author.  And that was followed by a Q&A.  Then, of course, Ann signed books.  Here are some pictures from the event, including a couple of shots of 3 of my favorite authors - Tracy Guzeman, Meg Waite Clayton, and Ellen Sussman.

The gathering crowd shortly before the event began

On the left, Ellen Sussman, and on the right, Tracy Guzeman

Kepler's Nicole Hughes, emcee for the evening

Ann Packer and Anthony Marra

Meg Waite Clayton getting her copy of The Children's Crusade signed by Ann

Ann signing her book






 

3 comments:

  1. I love events like that. I've heard good things about The Children's Crusade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky to have so many author events in your area. All but one of our indies have closed.

    ReplyDelete