Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Shameless Promotion of Josh's Picture Book, Little Boy Soup

Here's the best thing about writing a blog - I GET TO WRITE ANYTHING I WANT!  Of course you, the reader, can also choose not to read what I write.  Fair enough.

But to the matter at hand.  My son, Josh, has written a picture book called Little Boy Soup. It's based on Josh giving his son baths when he was very young (Ryan just turned 8 today). The book is hardcover and has been put out by Balcony 7, a publisher in Southern California.

And why are there 3 different pictures of Little Boy Soup shown below?  This is the shameless promotion part of the blog.  If you are familiar with Recycle Books in Campbell, then you will understand what I'm doing.  In fact, Stacy, the store manager, has placed the book in 3 different spots in the store.  To wit:

on top of the counter next to the manager's desk

on top of the very long bookshelf in the middle of the children's section

on top of my shelf in the back left corner of the store

I know you've been waiting to see a picture of this fantastic author and his son!  Here it is.


Even though Josh is my son, I have to say, totally unapologetically and completely honestly(!), that Little Boy Soup is great for the pre-schoolers in your life.

P.S.  You're going to LOVE the illustrations by Amalia Hillmann.  And she will be illustrating Josh's next book too - Little Girl Tea.  Stay tuned.




4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Josh! And to you, too, proud papa! I just ordered the book for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Beth. I'll let the author (and his mother) know.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Josh! How exciting for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete