Wednesday, July 6, 2016

I Want to Meet (and be like) Bob and Susan!

I know the title seems a bit cryptic.  But if you read my posts religiously (you know who you are...even if you won't admit it publicly!), you will know that Bob and Susan are the adoptive parents of 4 of the 5 Maverick Billionaires.  I have referenced them in my reviews of books 1 (Breathless in Love - 6/26/15 & 6/29/15) and 2 (Reckless in Love - 12/21/15).  Now we've got #3 - Fearless in Love.  They basically took in their son Daniel's 4 friends - Will, Sebastian, Matt, and Evan - as wayward teenagers.  They gave them a home, structure, and, most importantly, affection.  Now they're all billionaires and 100% supportive of, and dedicated to, each other and to Bob and Susan.  So when I say I want to meet these people and even be like them (tongue NOT firmly planted in cheek), I'm not kidding.

Okay, enough about Bob and Susan.  This story is about Matt.

After growing up dirt poor in a seedy Chicago neighborhood, Matt Tremont seemingly has it all now-brains, brawn, and billions.  And most important, Noah, his five-year old son, the one good outcome of a disastrous relationship that destroyed his last ounce of trust.  The only thing he's lacking is the perfect nanny for his son.  And Ariana Jones is absolute perfection.  Utterly enchanting.  Completely fascinating.  And totally off-limits.
Like a match made in heaven, this is Ari's dream job.  Swallowed up in the foster care system after losing her brother and mother, Ari has always dreamed of family.  She showers five-year-old Noah with all the love she's kept bottled up inside.  Love she could also offer to her gorgeous billionaire boss-if only he weren't the very last man she could ever hope to have.
But when sizzling sparks of attraction turn into a forbidden, sinfully hot night of pleasure, will Ari's love be enough to make Matt forget the past and love fearlessly?

We've talked about romances.  Yes we know that the guy and girl will most likely end up together.  And again I say:  "So what?"  The means justify the ends(?).  This is not about what ultimately happens between them.  This is about how they get there.  And just like #1 & #2, I loved how they get there.  At the risk of being repetitive from the earlier reviews (Shocked?  Didn't think so), let me point out some plot points/takeaways/reactions for you:

1.  In each book, there is a 3rd person who takes center stage in the romantic relationship. In this case, it's Matt's 5-year old son.  I really like that the protagonists' relationship has to survive the care of a family member.
2.  I am so emotionally connected to these characters.  It happens right away every book.  I basically cry or smile every other page.  Do I go into each book expecting those reactions? Doesn't matter and don't care.
3. The way I felt about the protagonists in books 1 & 2 carried over to #3.  I'm always happy to see these same characters reemerge in later books.
4.  I like that each epilogue tells us which Maverick is next and who his love interest will be.  
5.  There are several references that I can relate to:
     The Oakland Zoo - this is about 3-4 miles from where I grew up
     San Jose State - the school that Joni went to in college years 3-5
     Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach is mentioned.  I read all of the Dahl books to
     my 3 kids (the BFG is my favorite).

Bring on #4.  As I understand it, Irresistible in Love will be hitting my TBR pile in early 2017. I'm ready now!






   

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to not be repetitive when your reviewing books in a series. I can tell you love this one.

    ReplyDelete