Tuesday, November 22, 2016

DNFs

I talk a lot about the books I've read.  I mean, after all, that's what a book blogger is supposed to do!  BUT, what about the books I didn't finish (DNFs)?  Yep, there are some of those too.  Here are the 10 books that I have said "Nope" to in the last 4 years:

2013 -
1.    The Last Stand of Daronwy - Clint Talbert

2014 -
2.    Perfume - Richard Susskind

3.    Painted Horses - Malcolm Brooks

4.    Lost Kidnapped Eaten Alive! - Laurie McAndish King

5.    Don't Look Back - Gregg Hurwitz

2015 -
6.    The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt

7.    H Is for Hawk - Helen MacDonald

2016 -
8.    My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry - Fredrik Backman

9.    For All the Tea in China - Sarah Rose

10.  Sweetbitter - Stephanie Danler

P.S.  And for those who loved The Goldfinch, I make NO apology for giving up on page 19!


2 NOTES:
1.  I just heard that The Glass Castle is going to be a movie.  So I looked it up.  It's coming out in 2017.  Brie Larson, Best Actress Academy Award winner for The Room, will play Jeanette Walls.  The cast also includes Naomi Watts and Woody Harrelson, among others.  This should be very interesting.
2.  T.J. Reilly has written 2 books in the Jack Oatmon series.  The 1st one is Ladies Invited (which I enjoyed).  And the 2nd one is A Time for Redemption.  T.J. will be launching book 2 at Book Passage in the Ferry Building in San Francisco on Thursday, December 1, from 6:00-7:30.  I wish I could be there, T.J.

2 comments:

  1. I rarely quit on a book but couldn't finish The Three-Year Swim Club.

    ReplyDelete