Thursday, August 3, 2017

2 VERY Popular Authors Live at Kepler's

This past Tuesday night at Kepler's, I got to see 2 literary luminaries. Michelle Richmond was there to talk about her new book, The Marriage Pact.  And Ellen Sussman was the moderator/questioner.  I've known Ellen a long time.  She was an RBC author 3 years ago.  And I have, of course, read all of her books.  Thanks to receiving an ARC of The Marriage Pact from Nicole, I have now read my 1st Richmond.  And it most certainly won't be my last.

This is Michelle's 6th novel.  It's not necessary to rehash the plot because I already posted my review on July 23.  But it was fun listening to Michelle tell us how she came up with the idea.  And that this was her 1st novel featuring a male protagonist.  As a male (antagonist?), I can tell you that she nailed it.  Very believable.

On top of having Michelle and Ellen front and center, I also got to see 3 authors that I admire very much.  And who have all been RBC authors (Michelle, are you reading/listening to this?) - Keith Raffel, Ellen Kirschman, and Shelly King.  It's always fun to run into these 3.

Thanks to Andrew and Kepler's for putting on a great event...again.  And I will see you all on Monday for Janelle Brown, author of Watch Me Disappear (review will be coming in a couple of days).

Michelle is on the left.









4 comments:

  1. I'm sad to say I haven't read Richmond yet but I know tons of people who love her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're going to give her a try, this is a good one to start with.

      Delete
  2. She's definitely on my list of authors to try.

    ReplyDelete